They will give you the space you need to think about your own needs.
We also provide an opportunity to talk through your caring role and help you access support, advice and information, at a time that is right for you.
We call this our Carer Planning Service.
The aim of our Carer Planning Service is that every carer in contact with us will:
- Know what benefits to claim.
- Know how to access practical helping services.
- Know how to access services to enable time off and a life of your own.
- Be aware of the need to guard your own health and of the health support services available.
- Have identified the sources of emotional support to access from personal networks and from external organisations.
- Understand the right to a Carer's Assessment.
- Have considered what back up to call upon in an emergency, and help to plan this.
- Have considered the support available to stay in employment, or to return to work, if this is what you want to do.
- Be aware of leisure and learning opportunities and how to access them.
- Have been offered space to talk about your own needs and about the skills, strengths and resources you bring to your caring role.
- Have been offered the opportunity to be involved in consultation.
We will help you:
- Consider your own needs.
- Give you the space to come up with your own personal plan for your caring role.
- Look after your own health and wellbeing and make time for a life of your own.
- Have your say on issues affecting you.
- Learn new skills and build your confidence.
- Meet other people like you.
Use the links to find out more about any of the above or contact us to receive your personal Carer Planning call.