Our AGM and Annual Event for Carers normally takes place in September and we are now inviting carers to book onto our 2018 Annual Event for Carers.
The event takes place on:
Thursday 27th September 2018
10am to 4pm (registration from 9.30am).
At The Fielder Centre, Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9TP.
The theme this year is helping carers get connected to health and support services as well as other carers. It follows on from the Healthy and Connected them of this year’s Carers Week.
Carers attending the event will be able to:
- Get information and advice from us and other organisations that support carers;
- Hear about what we have been doing over the last 12 months and our plans for the future;
- Hear from guest speakers about what is happening nationally and locally for carers;
- Tell us about your experiences of caring or provide views or feedback for any topics being discussed;
- Spend time with other carers.
Health, care, education or other professionals that work with carers can also attend, if you are interested please get in touch to discuss.
Around 150 carers and health and social care professionals attended our 2017 event held in Hatfield. Carers could meet up and socialise and get information and advice from a range of organisations such as the Money Advice Unit, Hertfordshire Independent Living Service and Mind in Mid Herts.
Carers could also share their views about what makes a good Carers’ Break as well as suggest what could make the discharge process from hospital better.
They also put questions to a panel of representatives from various organisations including Hertfordshire County Council and Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group. Topics discussed included pressures on services amid budget cuts, issues with Carers’ Assessments and what could be done to better integrate health and social care.
In the afternoon carers could get involved in a series of workshops to share their views or hear about topics of interest to them. Items covered included:
- An explanation about Continuing Healthcare Funding;
- Employment rights for carers led by Longmores Solicitors;
- A look at adult safeguarding including types of abuse and the role of the Hertfordshire Adult Safeguarding Board;
- Dementia where carers could meet our Admiral Nurses and ask questions; and
- Building resilience.
You can read our latest impact report in our pdf Impact Report 2016 - 2017 (2.06 MB) .
Pictures from the 2017 AGM are below and the minutes from the 2016 AGM are available to download and view below.