With the Government’s recommendations for people over 70 and those with underlying conditions to isolate, many of our carers are feeling even more lonely and worried than normal. Demand for our services is increasing rapidly. Please help us to be there for our carers who desperately need us during this crisis by donating or volunteering.
We are looking for volunteers to provide emotional and practical support to our carers in the following ways:
- Make Keep in Touch calls from your own home to support vulnerable people.
- Write messages and post to isolated carers and the people they look after (cards will be provided).
- Help with shopping for those who are unable to leave their homes.
Work For Us
Carers in Hertfordshire is looking for people to fill temporary and permanent Care Support Worker posts so the charity can meet the demand to provide care to the elderly and vulnerable people it supports during the evolving coronavirus pandemic.
The role has key worker status and the work varies depending on the needs of each person. Tasks include food preparation, shopping, cleaning, laundry, personal care and supporting the person in keeping active.
Our Care Support Workers look after people in Hertsmere, Three Rivers and Watford.
We are working hard to ensure our vital services can continue to safely support our isolated carers through this difficult time.
Many of our carers rely on our services to support their physical and mental well being so we know it is more crucial than ever to keep these available. With your help we can do this.
By donating you will help us to reach out and support our carers that need us most by providing:
- practical and emotional support through regular keep in touch calls.
- online group activities and workshops to help with mental well being.
- deliveries of food supplies to those in full isolation.