Do you look after a disabled child or young person?
If you do, we want to make sure you are supported too because we understand how challenging it can be looking after someone under 25 with a disability, complex health needs or severe learning disability.
Carers in Hertfordshire can help you to:
- Find out about local events and services for you and your family.
- Plan your caring role and make time for yourself.
- Improve your skills and confidence through free training courses and workshops.
- Meet other parent carers and share views and experiences.
- Raise the issues affecting you and your family through our Parent Carer Information Network. As a parent of a child or young person with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability joining our Parent Carer Network means you can receive information about what is going on locally and nationally through regular email bulletins and have opportunities to have your say on issues affecting you and your family.
Hertfordshire's SEND Local Offer - Hertfordshire's SEND Local Offer is your one-stop shop for information, support, services and activities available for children and young people with special educational needs, and their families. The Local Offer has been created by parents and professionals and is hosted by Hertfordshire County Council.
Tel: 0300 123 4043
What you tell us
Here is some feedback we received about our activities with Parent Carers.
Information and Relaxation Event for Parent Carers: "Really enjoyable - all course content was good, lovely to have the opportunity to relax, great speaking to other parent carers"
These are some other comments from other relaxation events:
"It was great to socialise with other carers and get the chance to relax for a while."
"Totally uplifting, really fun, totally made me forget about my stresses and struggles for a few hours – great information available too."
"The event was really helpful, as a parent carer and sole parent, life can be isolating, so it was really nice to touch base with so many friendly faces. The relaxation event itself was wonderful."
For more information on our services, please call 01992 58 69 69.
Parent Carer Worker