We believe we make a difference by working together. The involvement of carers is very much needed:
- To give carers a real say in what services are working well and how they are delivered
- To ensure planners and managers hear about services which are not effective or supportive
- To ensure services respect people's dignity and independence
- To ensure carers get the help and advice they need when they need it
- To influence the development of new and better services.
What do we do
Involvement Workers will:
- Provide you with the training and support you may need to help you represent your views and those of other carers to the health and social care authorities who commission services in Hertfordshire
- Give you the opportunity to meet and talk to other carers who have had similar experiences to your own
- Hold a Carers' Forum, which meets regularly to share information and concerns and to agree responses to proposals for changes to health services. There are a number of regular meetings and events where carers' views are welcomed and where we have the opportunity to influence service developments. You can find out where and when the Dementia Carers' Forums are taking place in 2017 on the leaflet that can be downloaded below
- Keep you updated about issues related to Dementia services in Hertfordshire and caring. Our newsletter for carers of someone with Dementia is produced twice a year and you can download the latest copy - Dementia Carers Newsletter Spring 2019 below.
How you can be involved
Come along to one of our Dementia Carers' Forums. It is a friendly, relaxed meeting where you can have your say about the services that you receive or may receive in the future. For those carers who are unable to attend regular meetings, we organise a Carers' Involvement Network where you can tell us about your experiences of services by email, telephone conversations, responding to surveys or attending one-off workshops.
Our forums represents carers' voices at meetings of the National Dementia Strategy Working Group and the Quality of Care Working Group. They include both carers of older people and carers of those with Young Onset Dementia.
If you have something to share or would like to get involved, please call 01992 58 69 69 or email me.
Involvement Worker Dementia and Older People