Do you care for an older person with or without a physical disability or someone with dementia (over the age of 65)? Are you interested in day opportunities for the person you care for? If so continue reading…
Hertfordshire County Council are currently reviewing commissioned day service opportunities for Older Adults, due to low attendance. They are interested to hear about your views, personal experiences, needs and wishes from a new service, as the hope is to create a new and improved model of care.
The kinds of things they will be interested in at this meeting are:
• Why you use / chose not to use commissioned day services
• Have you come across any obstacles when trying to use day centres which caused you to look for alternative care solutions?
• What you like about day services and day centres
• What puts you off (e.g. there is no flexibility on attendance times, there’s a lack of transport options, the activities are not stimulating enough, etc)
• What care / support you receive, if not respite from day centres
• What you would have to see from a day centre to convince you that they are worth attending