We also provide an opportunity to talk through your caring role and help you access support, advice and information, at a time that is right for you.
We call this our Carer Planning Service.
The aim of our Carer Planning Service is that every carer in contact with us will:
- Know what benefits to claim.
- Know how to access practical helping services.
- Know how to access services to enable time off and a life of your own.
- Be aware of the need to guard your own health and of the health support services available.
- Have identified the sources of emotional support to access from personal networks and from external organisations.
- Understand the right to a carers assessment.
- Have considered what back up to call on in an emergency, and help to plan this.
- Have considered the support available to stay in employment, or to return to work, if this is what you want to do.
- Be aware of opportunities available to for leisure and learning.
- Have been offered space to talk about your own needs and about the skills, strengths and resources you bring to your caring role.
- Have been offered the opportunity to be involved in consultation.
We will help you:
- Consider your own needs.
- Give you the space to come up with your own personal plan for your caring role.
- Look after your own health and wellbeing and make time for a life of your own.
- Have your say on issues affecting you.
- Learn new skills and build your confidence.
- Meet other people like you.
Use the links to find out more about any of the above or contact us to receive your personal Carer Planning call.