Carers in Hertfordshire takes your privacy and the security of your personal data extremely seriously. When you supply any personal information (such as your name or address) to Carers in Hertfordshire we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. This Privacy Notice explains when and why Carers in Hertfordshire collects personal information, how we use it, keep it secure and in what circumstances we may share it with other organisations.
For more information about anything in this policy, please contact us on 01992 58 69 69, via , or by writing to Carers in Hertfordshire, The Red House, 119 Fore Street, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1AX.
In order to register you, we will record your data on our database. We record your information in order to:
- Keep an accurate and secure record of your information;
- Avoid you having to repeat your story to us;
- Enable us to communicate with you;
- Log interactions we have with you so that any member of staff has a full picture;
- Improve our services to carers help other organisations to do the same;
- Report on our activities and impact to funders and other stakeholders.
• We will never sell your data to any third parties.
• The security of your data is of the upmost importance to us. We use leading providers of secure databases, which have robust procedures in place to securely hold your data.
• Where any of our databases are hosted abroad, we ensure that the security of your data is protected to the same standard as it would be in the United Kingdom.
• We will only hold your data for as long as is necessary.
Photographs, videos and publicity
We sometimes take photographs or video at events or for publicity materials. When we do this, we will either obtain consent from you via a written form, verbally or by displaying notices at an event advising that we are taking pictures or video and asking anyone who does not wish to be in them to make themselves known to staff.
We store photographs and film securely on a database.
If you provide us with bank details, for example if you are a supplier that we need to pay or a volunteer claiming expenses, we will store and process your bank details in order to make relevant payments to you.
• Your bank details are stored securely on our accounting software and in financial records.
Additional databases for specialist services
• We also deliver carers support as part of a number of specialist services, including the Make a Difference for Carers scheme, our Crossroads Care Service, our Young Carers Service, the Hertswise community dementia service, the Community Navigators service and through our Admiral Nurses who support dementia carers. If you receive support from any of these services, we will also record your information on the databases they use.
• We use these additional databases because they are more specialist and enable is to work with other partner organisations involved in delivering these services. By registering with these services, your data will be shared with the other organisations delivering the service, though it will only be used to deliver the service to you.
- Hertswise – this service is led by Age UK Hertfordshire and delivered by a combination of them, Carers in Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire Independent Living Services (HILS), Herts MIND Network, Age UK Dacorum, Howard Cottage Housing Association, North Herts Minority Ethnic Forum, PoHWER and Herts Careline.
- Community Navigators Service – this service is led by Watford and Three Rivers Trust and delivered by them, Carers in Hertfordshire, Age UK Hertfordshire, British Red Cross, Watford Housing Association, PoHWER, and Dacortium.
- Admiral Dementia Nursing service – this service is delivered by Carers in Hertfordshire with Dementia UK.
- Young Carers service – this service is delivered by Carers in Hertfordshire and is partly funded by a contract with Hertfordshire County Council. Our County Council contract requires us to use a specialist database that shares certain data with the County Council for some of our young carers services. Where this is the case, we will explain this to you before we register you on this database and ask for your consent.
- Advocacy – this service is led by PoHWER and we host a Carers Advocacy Worker. PoHWER use a specialist advocacy database which we use for advocacy cases only.
• We ask for your consent to communicate with you.You can choose whether or not to receive information by post, email, telephone or text message. Any choices you make will not affect the services you can receive from us.
• We also ask for your consent to send you our twice-yearly magazine ‘Carewaves’. You can choose to receive this by email or post.
• If you choose to receive any information from us by post, we may share your address with an external mailing company who send them out on our behalf. Your address will not be used by the mailing company for any other purpose.
• We record your choices on the databases we use.
• You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us.
• If you are under 18, please make sure that you obtain your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Carers in Hertfordshire.
• We will only share your information to others in the following circumstances:
- Where we are required to by law or a regulator (for example when we are inspected by the Care Quality Commission).
- With your permission, where we are referring you to another service you can offer you support.
- Where we are required to do so by a funder, in which case we will anonymise or aggregate personal data wherever possible.
- With other organisations who help us to run our services. For example, if we had an ICT problem that needed resolving, our external ICT support company may need to access our systems in order to fix it and means them having access to records. Any such organisations have contracts in place with us that require them to keep such information confidential.
Access to your Personal Information
• You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Carers in Hertfordshire holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You can request this by telephone, post or email.
User Surveys and Information on New Services
• As Carers in Hertfordshire's services expand, there will be more opportunities to enhance the services provided to you.
• From time to time we may provide you with details of other services provided by Carers in Hertfordshire which may be of interest to you and offer you the opportunity to take advantage of them.
• We may also offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys carried out by Carers in Hertfordshire or its agents which help our research into the types of service we offer.
• Like many websites, we collect visitor data such as the browser being used, screen resolution, approximate geographic area and the path that visitors take through the site. Any such data is only used to analyse use of the website and, as a consequence, make appropriate improvements. No personally identifiable data is gathered or stored in these files.
• You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics;
- Remember your preferences;
- Remember where you are in any order or registration process;
• Our website will not share any personal information with third parties.
• If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal information, please contact us on 01992 58 69 69, via or by writing to Carers in Hertfordshire, The Red House, 119 Fore Street, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1AX.
• You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling 0303 123 1113 or visiting www.ico.org.uk