Come along to our Family Matters events and carer workshops and we can help you to influence the development and commissioning of these services by enabling you to:
- Meet other family carers and share your experiences
- Raise issues that concern you
- Talk to treatment service providers and commissioners
- Have the opportunity to be involved in the planning and delivery of events for family carers
- Talk to paid staff in treatment service providers about what it's like to live with someone else's addiction
For useful contacts of organisations in Hertfordshire that support families caring for someone with drug or alcohol issues, please download Useful Information for Family Carers below.
'Putting it into words': A video to help support families cope with drug misuse
This short video aims to highlight that families of drug users need support. The families of drug users discuss their experiences of having a drug user within the family, how families react when they discover drug use in the family, how families cope and where they access support.
Video used with the kind permission of Adfam Families, drugs and alcohol.