Mental Health Act Information Event
If you’re providing unpaid care to someone with a mental health condition join us to find out more about:
- What it means to be sectioned under the Mental Health Act 1983, how the process is started and what the procedure is.
- How carers are involved and what information is shared?
- What happens following a Mental Health Assessment
- a) when the person is detained under The Mental Health Act.
- b) when the person is not detained under The Mental Health Act
- What happens following treatment and the person is ready for discharge.
Our Speakers will be from Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust’s Legal Department and Approved Mental Health Professional Operational Service (AMHP) .
Registration Open Date/Time October 24, 10:30 until October 24, 12:30
Save to calendar
Following consultation with carers, Carers in Hertfordshire have updated their policy on offering transport to their events. Carers told us we should not be spending more than £50 a journey for an individual, so we will be using this guidance in the future when considering transport options. We are happy to reimburse expenses incurred for using public transport to travel to an event.